Katana Jiu-Jitsu club has a long history of success. Under the leadership of Hanshi Riley the club has established itself as one of the world’s elite and regularly teaches at international courses. Katana Jiu-Jitsu has three clubs based in Manchester and a fourth at the University of Bradford where it is the longest running sports club in the University. Hanshi Riley and Katana Jiu-Jitsu have a wealth of experience in running successful clubs.
Hanshi Riley has developed his own syllabus with a unique combination of the traditional style and effective modern self-defence techniques. The syllabus is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the modern day and covers all grades from junior white belt to senior 8th Dan.
If you run a Jiu-Jitsu club or are thinking of starting a club Hanshi Riley would love to offer his support and the support of Katana Jiu-Jitsu. His experience in starting clubs from scratch, turning around struggling clubs and continuing the success of established clubs is second to none.
Support from Katana Jiu-Jitsu includes:
- Cover and insurance of a national governing body- the Amateur Martial Association
- Coaching qualification- includes: COSHH, risk assessment, working with children/ vulnerable adults, duty of care, first aid, biology of warm ups/ downs, session design and teaching techniques.
- A modern syllabus for both Jiu-Jitsu and Kobudo.
- Regular grading’s for both Kyu and Dan grades.
- Expertise and advice of Hanshi William Riley (9th Dan).
- Membership of a family run and orientated organisation that focusses on good technique and the evolution of Jiu-Jitsu.
If you are interested in joining our organisation or would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact Dr Alex Surtees on 07960013480 or firstname.lastname@example.org.